Monday, May 14, 2012

My Teenagers

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE working with teenagers.  I love having them in my home, I love working with them at church, and I love having good talks with them.  I think so many times people underestimate teenagers and the immense amount of wisdom that a lot of them possess.  There are obviously exceptions to every rule, and this certainly applies to teenagers as well.  But, for the most part, they will usually be respectful of those that treat them like they are on the same, or at least a similar, level.  My most recent calling in church is with the Young Women and I am loving it.  I am taking a little longer than I would like getting to know all of them.  It seemed so easy in my last ward.  A lot of that had to do with the bonding that was done at Girl's Camp.  That's why I want to go here so badly.  I LOVE Girl's Camp, and I love spending quality time with the girls there.  I hope that I will create a bond with these girls here in Texas just as I created one in my last two wards.  I have loved all the girls I have ever worked with in the past, and I am looking forward to spending more time with my current girls in the future.  I figure Heavenly Father wants me to learn something from them!  I love learning that way!

1 comment:

Breestyle said...

Yay Lindsey!! I love hearing from you. I am so glad to hear you got a Y.W. calling. I LOVE that calling!! Teenagers Rock! (hahaha..get back to me when my kids are teenagers, huh!?!. You will do awesome. Lovers you!