Friday, June 15, 2012

My Love/Hate Relationship

I am sure all of you have this same love/hate relationship as I do.  My relationship is with money.  I hate it.  I love it.  It sucks.  What's funny is that I am going to go to school to become an accountant and all they do is work with money constantly.  I guess the only time I really hate it is when I have to pay out more of it than I have coming in.  It seems like the last 13 years that I have been married, that is the occasion.  Granted, since we moved to Texas, our money problems haven't been nearly as severe which has been a welcome change.  But, because of that, I have gone a little overboard in the frivolous spending area which I never would have done in Utah.  I have become a bit more free with how I spend the money in our home.  That is starting to catch up with me.  Things are starting to get tight again and it is not a good feeling, especially when Mike has to work long weeks to make ends meet.  That's not the way it should be.  I really need to work harder to find a happy medium that we can all be happy with.  Plus, I really need to be careful with money so I can make sure I have enough to go to Utah in July.  That has to happen, regardless of what bills remain unpaid for a while.  I wish a money tree would start growing in my backyard.  But, since that won't be happening anytime soon, I guess I just need to start using my self-control that I know I have buried down inside of me somewhere.  Now if only I could just find it....

1 comment:

Adam said...

Teach violin again. Duh. Dolla dolla bills ya'all.