Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Overzealousness

It always seems like when I decide to do something, it's all or nothing.  I can't do anything half-assed and if I don't do it perfectly full throttle, I will drop it and give up.  It's a frustrating part of my personality that I wish I could change.  I am noticing this with my calling in church.  I am the compassionate service coordinator.  I have been trying to get people to essentially babysit this woman in our ward who has a multitude of health issues, but I can't seem to get people to sign up.  It's very frustrating.   So, I find myself feeling like I should go to the bishop and ask to be released and I haven't even been doing it for three months yet! 

Why is it that we are so picky about things?  Well, I guess that I am picky about things.  I just can't seem to let go of this idea that I need to do everything perfectly or I shouldn't even try.  I can remember when we were living in Utah, I sent the kids to my mom's for a weekend so Mike and I could gut out and clean the entire house from top to bottom.  A few of my friends came to help, including my friend Becky.  She made the comment that I don't do anything small.  It's true!  I have been contemplating lately that I would like to do the same thing to this house here, but I have no parents to send the kids to stay with.  They are in Utah.  I will have to wait until they come to stay a while in December.  I can't wait for that day! =)

No comments: