Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Dream Dog

As promised, I am now going to tell you about Nikki.  As silly as it sounds, I think the difference between this dog and all our previous ones is the fact that this one is a girl.  I know that is a "duh" statement, but I really think girl dogs have a much better temperament than boys.  Plus, there isn't that whole male bravado thing that forces them to think they have to pee everywhere to let everyone know the territory belongs to them.  She is absolutely our dream dog.  She is well-mannered, she is excellent with the kids, she is highly potty trained, and best of all, she sleeps most of the day.  She is an indoor dog.  Since Bulldogs have such small tracheas and short snouts, they shouldn't stay outside in extreme heat.  Their trachea swells up and closes and they can't breathe.  So, Nikki stays inside all day.  The best way to describe her is to show you what I mean, so here are some pictures.











As you can see, she is a lot of fun and since I named her after my sister, I can't get rid of her.  Ever. =-)
 
Okay, three things I like about me: This morning I actually got up and went for a 2-mile walk rather than continuing to sleep.  I have a nice home.  I have lots of friends who love me for me and are always helping me to be a better person.  Love them!!!

2 comments:

Breestyle said...

Hahahah love the pictures. Glad you found a keeper. Love ya

Lemonhead said...

Still can't believe you put my name on that dog tag. But she is definitely cute, so I GUESS it's ok. My favorite is the pic of her with a tutu around her neck. -me. the middle name of your dog. your DOG!